• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help restore framwork-res.apk!!

so i was trying to replace framwork-res.apk..and as i overwritten the apk i ended up in bootloop .. is there a way i can restore it using TWRP or anything?? i 've backup of framwork-res.apk too ..
your help would really be appriciated!!

Did you make a nandroid backup before doing this (i.e. use TWRP to back up the phone)? If so, restoring that will be the simplest way of fixing this. If not, please, for your own sake, do so before modifying system files in future! Just restoring the /system partition will suffice, if the nandroid is of the same ROM but not completely recent (to avoid overwriting newer data and apps).

If you are using a custom ROM, just reflashing the ROM (no need to wipe) will also fix this with no hassle.

If neither of those, then if you can use ADB while in TWRP you could see whether you can push the apk to /system/framework, then see whether that's enough to fix it.

Or you could try to create a flashable zip with your framework-res.apk in it. Assuming you don't want to learn how to write Edify scripts the easiest way is probably to go to the UOT kitchen, jump straight to the file upload tab (don't make any theming modifications), upload just your framework-res.apk (I'd probably turn off stuff like "theme chooser preview", which doesn't apply to a stock framework), then go to the summary tab and submit. That should then write you a zip script to flash your framework via TWRP. I've not used that site in years, but it ought to still work. It's a theming site which allows you to change icons etc in your framework and systemUI then provides a zip to flash the modified versions, so I figure that if you make no mods and just give it your framework then with any luck it will just write you a script to flash that. But if you can do one of the simpler things listed earlier then I'd do that instead.

Upvote 0
Did you make a nandroid backup before doing this (i.e. use TWRP to back up the phone)? If so, restoring that will be the simplest way of fixing this. If not, please, for your own sake, do so before modifying system files in future! Just restoring the /system partition will suffice, if the nandroid is of the same ROM but not completely recent (to avoid overwriting newer data and apps).

If you are using a custom ROM, just reflashing the ROM (no need to wipe) will also fix this with no hassle.

If neither of those, then if you can use ADB while in TWRP you could see whether you can push the apk to /system/framework, then see whether that's enough to fix it.

Or you could try to create a flashable zip with your framework-res.apk in it. Assuming you don't want to learn how to write Edify scripts the easiest way is probably to go to the UOT kitchen, jump straight to the file upload tab (don't make any theming modifications), upload just your framework-res.apk (I'd probably turn off stuff like "theme chooser preview", which doesn't apply to a stock framework), then go to the summary tab and submit. That should then write you a zip script to flash your framework via TWRP. I've not used that site in years, but it ought to still work. It's a theming site which allows you to change icons etc in your framework and systemUI then provides a zip to flash the modified versions, so I figure that if you make no mods and just give it your framework then with any luck it will just write you a script to flash that. But if you can do one of the simpler things listed earlier then I'd do that instead.

yes,i am using custom rom but i didn't backup custom rom before editing.. so if i reflash the ROM without wiping data ,do i lost my application and all those app data or is simply as it was?!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones