Restore from a root

Last Updated:

1. mcsmithnyc

mcsmithnyc Member This Topic's Starter

So I rooted my phone to play with 2.1 - fine but how do I go back to the fully sprint version (1.5) so that when 2.1 officially comes out via sprint and HTC I can upgrade to it...

I did a NAND backup before applying the 2.1 flash - but that was after I rooted the phone - so how do I go all the way back? Any help?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

either restore your backup (you will still be able to get the sprint update when its released or run the 1.29 ruu and it will take it back to when you unboxed the phone

3. mcsmithnyc

So even though the NAND backup was the rooted phone I'll still get the sprint update?

4. 702DROID

if all you did was root and flash the recovery image make a backup (restore this backup) the custom roms [dev]2.1 or fresh or modoco's will not allow you to get the updates but they will be plenty of custom roms out as soon as the update is let out or at least the cdma kernal

5. mcsmithnyc

Yes - I rooted and then flashed the recovery rom - then made a nandroid backup. Then I flashed the 2.1 rom - played with it for about a half hour and then reverted back to my 1.5 nandroid backup...however like I said that backup was made after the phone was rooted...however from what you're saying it appears that it's fine to get the update from Sprint even being rooted?

Sorry that I'm such a newb at this ;)

6. 702DROID

yeah the recovery is not a rom its just a recovery .img and you will be fine getting the update when sprint releases it