• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restore NAND from another phone

mrlanrat

May 8, 2010
Hello,

I will be getting my replacement incredible later this week. I wanted to know how safe it is to restore my old incredible's NAND backup on the new incredible. Could this cause any ill effects?

If anyone is interested, I'm getting my incredible replaced because every now and then it will not charge. (orange light lights up but the battery % stays the same or goes down)
And I an hoping I get a AMOLED screen :)

Thanks!

Hello,

I will be getting my replacement incredible later this week. I wanted to know how safe it is to restore my old incredible's NAND backup on the new incredible. Could this cause any ill effects?

If anyone is interested, I'm getting my incredible replaced because every now and then it will not charge. (orange light lights up but the battery % stays the same or goes down)
And I an hoping I get a AMOLED screen :)

Thanks!

Generally this is how custom roms are made, so yes have at it. i did this with my droid before the incredible.

Upvote 0
What do you mean by this?

Dont rename the nand backup file from your old phone. Some people make the backup, then go in the SD card where its located and rename it something custom so they can remember which backup it was. I know I did this, and had atleast 5 different backups of different ROMs with various kernels. Just root your new phone, then do a nand backup of it. Then copy your old backup from your computer and drop it in the folder where the other one is. You can leave the new one in there to revert to freshly rooted if you want. So restore your older nand and enjoy. Thats about it.

Reactions: mrlanrat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones