Restore NAND from another phone

Last Updated:

1. mrlanrat

mrlanrat Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I will be getting my replacement incredible later this week. I wanted to know how safe it is to restore my old incredible's NAND backup on the new incredible. Could this cause any ill effects?

If anyone is interested, I'm getting my incredible replaced because every now and then it will not charge. (orange light lights up but the battery % stays the same or goes down)
    And I an hoping I get a AMOLED screen :)

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ZXMustang

ZXMustang Well-Known Member

Generally this is how custom roms are made, so yes have at it. i did this with my droid before the incredible.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

you will be fine but to stop from having difficulties try not to rename them

4. mrlanrat

mrlanrat Member This Topic's Starter

What do you mean by this?

5. ZXMustang

ZXMustang Well-Known Member

Dont rename the nand backup file from your old phone. Some people make the backup, then go in the SD card where its located and rename it something custom so they can remember which backup it was. I know I did this, and had atleast 5 different backups of different ROMs with various kernels. Just root your new phone, then do a nand backup of it. Then copy your old backup from your computer and drop it in the folder where the other one is. You can leave the new one in there to revert to freshly rooted if you want. So restore your older nand and enjoy. Thats about it.

mrlanrat likes this.
  6. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he means don't change the names of them. If you were to backup right now it would give you something like 2010.07.17 23.22.10 or something like that. Try to leave those names alone, that's all.

7. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

thanks for backing me up guys and yes dont rename the nand backups

8. BillytheKid

BillytheKid Well-Known Member

what's wrong w/ renaming them? i rename all my backups and they seem to work fine...i rename them in rom manager, maybe it's better to do it there? i would think if it was bad to do rom manager wouldn't give u the option to do it