• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restore Paid Version of ROM Manager

I have the paid version as well, and to be honest, it has done nothing for me. Nothing at all. It is almost entirely useless. I am sure you can restore it through the market in "my apps" but even if you can't, I really don't think you should worry about it. It won't help you do anything. Like OCLF, ROM Manager has become outdated. It is only useful for a first time flash of CWM recovery. After that, most ROM's come installed with the proper version of CWM, and ROM manager does nothing more than give you the option to flash the latest version, and in most cases doing so will cause you a world of problems.

Upvote 0
thanks for the feedback. the only reason i opted for the paid version is because it appeared that they provided a link in their app to the latest and greatest roms. I thought it might be easier than sorting through the forums.
Based on what you guys are saying, I won't waste my time with it anymore. Lord knows i've wasted $5 on worse things.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones