Restore Rogers ROMSupport

Last Updated:

1. Vorde

Vorde New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I own a Samsung Galaxy S SGH-i896 and I decided to try and put on Cognition for a test, but before that, I did a nandroid backup using ROM Manager. Now I thought this would save me in any situation...
    So I flashed it over to Cognition, and it refused to connect to Rogers (as I expected) however, when I went to restore back, I would still get the AT&T start up, and the video was replaced by text that said "Android" in a weird font.
    I managed to flash it back to a stock AT&T ROM which worked well, but still wouldn't connect to the Rogers network.
    I had tried to get into the ClockworkMod Restore Screen which I did finally get. I wiped all user data and cache, and restored from my backup...
    Only to find my AT&T boot screen still there instead of the i896 screen and Rogers screen which would usually show.
    What can I do about this issue? Is there some kind of firmware or ROM from Rogers I need? I have a Rogers Stock firmware but that didn't seem to work either :(

Advertisement
  2. deadly0ne

deadly0ne New Member

I would also like to know how to get this fixed, the at&t logo is very annoying. Any luck on how to fix this?

3. Saeros

Saeros Active Member

Anyone got an update or a solution for this??? Looking to revert back to stock ROM.

Thanks!!

4. peachpuff

peachpuff Well-Known Member

You can try this to get rid of the att logo http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=849789 although im not sure if this is the same pic you'd find on the rogers phones.
    As for not connecting to rogers network are you talking about the data network or voice? It should connect to voice easily, for data you need to enter the correct apn settings.