Restore stock apps?

Last Updated:

1. kree

kree New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all! First post and not sure if I placed it in the correct area, sorry.

My problem is this: I rooted my phone and deleted the bloatware, the main reason I rooted in the first place, but then the 2.3 update came out. I found out that I needed those apps to install the update, but didn't make backups of them and cannot figure out how to get them back.

Is there any way to:
    A, get those apps reinstalled?
    B, Back up ALL of my application's data and perform
    a factory reset, then update and reflash
    C, Install the update some other way?

I know how to do an Advanced Restore, but don't know if one of those options will restore the application data I already have.

Thanks to all!

Advertisement
  2. Kopitar32

Kopitar32 Well-Known Member

First, 2.3 (gingerbread) has not been released yet, so I'm guessing that you're referring to the NOV OTA.

Second, did you do a nandroid backup, or a titanium backup? Also, when removing bloatware you shouldn't delete apk's, rather create a new folder and move them.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

4. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

you could either install a custom ROM with the update, or unroot your phone going back to stock...install the OTA updates...and then re-root using unrEVOked.

5. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

After reading this, i am wondering....I use Z4root when needed, with Titanium backup. I think i might have accidentally completely removed City ID from the phone. If i did, will i not ever receive a OTA notice? I keep it unrooted until i want to do something. Using Astro, i can find all the settings and data for City ID, but not the app itself. Do i really need it to be able to receive an OTA notice, even if i am unrooted?