• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restore Stock ROM for HTC Wildfire

Hi,

I recently rooted my HTC Wildfire few weeks back and installed CM7 custom ROM using Clockwork Recovery. Unfortunately, i didn't take nandroid backup of my stock ROM, and hence i am stuck with the option of continuing with the custom ROMs. It would be of great help if someone could suggest me a way in which i could get my stock ROM in my mobile. I bought my mobile in India. Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi,

I recently rooted my HTC Wildfire few weeks back and installed CM7 custom ROM using Clockwork Recovery. Unfortunately, i didn't take nandroid backup of my stock ROM, and hence i am stuck with the option of continuing with the custom ROMs. It would be of great help if someone could suggest me a way in which i could get my stock ROM in my mobile. I bought my mobile in India. Thanks in advance for the help.

The only way to get your stock ROM back would be to unroot your device then root again

I havnt come across any stock ROMs that you can flash using Clockwork recovery, your best bet would be to obtain a Sense ROM from (e.g.) here and flash it, it will be very similar to your original ROM but with a few tweaks and maybe extra apps that you dont want, if you want to remove those apps follow this link >here< (number 2 tells you how to do it)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones