• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restore the basic Android Launcher

IsaacRCCL

Jun 11, 2010
Can someone point out how to restore the basic Android Launcher or help me fix the Dialer. When I select the dialer on the dock it states "Application not installed." There is no settings for Android Launcher or draggin over a app to replace that icon doesnt work either. So basically, i need to delete it with Titan and restore it. Cant find how to reinstall it when i uninstall it.:cool:

The best you can do is run the stock Android Launcher on top of Sense. And even then, you might have issues getting the stock launcher to use the Sense dialer. I forget which xda thread I found the app in...

If you want the look and feel of the stock launcher, download ADW Launcher. If you want the stock lock screen, I believe you can do that by removing (or safer: renaming) the system app HtcLockScreen.apk and HtcLockScreen.odex. I would not recommend programs like WidgetLocker. They aren't real lock screens; they are just variants of a launcher app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones