1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Restoring a Stock Rom

1. snazzyd

snazzyd Member

I flashed a 4.4.2 rom to my SCH-R970X (CSpire) Galaxy S4 and ever since it has been more than a headache to restore the original rom back. Odin keeps saying fail and I dont have a backup of the original rom. I need my samsung default apps and so on and even kies is no longer detecting my phone what do I do?

Advertisement
  2. snazzyd

snazzyd Member

3. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

snazzyd likes this.
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

You seem to have overcome the difficult part and managed to obtain and download the stock Samsung firmware specifically for the SCH-R970X (CSpire), I couldn't find a download for it anywhere!

However, if prior to flashing your custom ROM, you were on stock Android 4.3 firmware with Knox security, you cannot flash an earlier version of the stock Samsung firmware, non Knox'd, Android 4.2.2.

To flash your stock Samsung firmware via Odin, which will unroot you, first remove any root apps such as SuperSU and BusyBox, and Factory Data Reset your phone and then flash the stock firmware via Odin as described in the links shown in #1.5 of 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

Not available there, either.
    snazzyd likes this.
  5. snazzyd

snazzyd Member

Okay I have checcked the link in android forums but It is specific to the I9505 and I9500 Is there any specific method available for my Samsung Galaxy S4 C-Spire? And I Super SU is installed but has no binaries and is not agreeing to uninstall? WHat do I do? I don't want to boot ODIN and get that FAIL message. Please I need a step by step specific process of intalling the ROM. Thanksss
  6. ironass

Do NOT use the firmware mentioned in the link, obviously. Use the CSpire firmware you already have, (as per your post #1). The flashing procedure as shown in the video and instructions, is identical.

Go to... SuperSU > Settings > Full unroot... Cleanup for permanent unroot.
    snazzyd likes this.
  7. snazzyd

snazzyd Member

I went to SuperSU but it says and I quote

"There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!
    "If you just upgraded to Android 4.3 you need to manually re-root - consult the relevant forums for your device"

And if i were to okay the message SuperSU closes.
    Any help in removing the SuperSU or unrooting the phone since I need it unrooted to flash the ROM.
  8. ironass

By flashing the stock Samsung firmware, you un-rooted your phone before un-installing SuperSU. You will need to re-root your phone, remove SuperSU as described, as well as any other root apps, and then flash your stock, un-rooted, Samsung firmware.
    snazzyd likes this.
  9. snazzyd

snazzyd Member

Is there any specific Odin I should use? I have 1.85 3.07 $ 3.09
  10. ironass

Any of them should be suitable for your purpose.
    snazzyd likes this.
  11. snazzyd

snazzyd Member

I think am all set to go...... but errr...... What about the custom Recovery? Am I to do the factory reset from there or from the phone(settings) and Do I wipe cache, format system, wipe davlik cache and so on before Flashing the ROM.

Pls I want to get it right once this time so I'm taking necessary steps to ensure 100% achievement. Thanks for your concern
  12. ironass

Custom Recovery will be replaced by the stock Samsung recovery during flashing. Do a Factory data Reset prior to flashing. That should suffice.
    snazzyd likes this.
  13. snazzyd

snazzyd Member

Ttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. snazzyd

snazzyd Member

Now unto other things ..... Is it possible to unlock the SCH-R970X for international SIMS
  15. ironass

The SCH-R970X is a CDMA phone which you may struggle to use on international, GSM, networks. Others on this forum may be able to advise you better on your particular S4 model.
    snazzyd likes this.
  16. snazzyd

snazzyd Member

Please is there anyone on this forum who can help me to unlock My SCH-R970X