Restoring apps, shortcuts, widgets, etc.

Last Updated:

1. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 16, 2010
    So every time you guys are flashing different roms and stuff, are you starting from scratch downloading all your apps and configuring widgets and your home screens and all that stuff?

I'd like to play around with different builds but the thought of setting everything back up, potentially multiple times, is daunting. Are you using something to backup/restore this stuff?

2. someotherguy

someotherguy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Rom manager lets you make a backup called a nandroid. That preserves *everything* incase you need to go back after a rom or theme incase something goes wrong.

If you are installing a rom that requires you to wipe data (aka user apps) then install Titanium Backup and purchase the license (via paypal) just google titanium backup and you'll find the site / link.

Then launch titanium backup, hit menu, go to batch. Backup all user apps.

Then when you install the new rom, go to the market, get titanium backup, hit menu, go to batch restore all user apps.

You will have to reconfigure your home screen, unless you have launcher pro and did a backup via the preference menu.

But the only time i've ever had to reconfigure everything was the 2.1 to 2.2 leak. besides that I have just been mounting system, doing the upgrade and clearing cache.