• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restoring apps

fhsfish

Apr 13, 2010
Hello everyone,
I have been playing with more roms the last few days and as such, i have been restoring my apps and setup quite frequently.
I know that the "standard" advice has been to use titanium backup and backup and restore apps.
When i started this latest round of "ROM exploration" i decided to try a different method. I have always been a fan of AppBrain and so i decided to try their Fast Web Installer to install apps based on what was in my previous app list. I like this method because it forces me to actually audit what apps I have on my phone and delete the ones that I no longer use or need. I know my settings aren't maintained but I don't find it too difficult to bring my phone back to standard working order.

Just thought i might share my experiences with everyone especially the ones new to root. This forum has been extremely helpful to me in my rooting process so I want to give something back to it :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones