• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Restoring backups after installing a new ROM

lotus49

Android Expert
May 9, 2011
Yorkshire
I recently tried the Google Edition ROM out of curiosity to see whether it would make my phone seem quicker. I had been assured by another poster here that all S4s lagged and if I didn't think so (and I didn't) it was only because I was used to performance on stock Samsung ROMs. The GE ROM felt no different so I gave up on it and restored from my nandroid backup and all was well.

During the few hours I used the GE ROM, I tried to restore my data from my Titanium Backup Pro backup. This did appear to work but it was a tedious and laborious process involving reviewing every individual bit of backed up data and making stabs in the dark as to what I should restore and what I shouldn't.

Is there a quicker and cleverer way to do this than my clunky approach?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones