1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Restoring backups after installing a new ROM

1. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I recently tried the Google Edition ROM out of curiosity to see whether it would make my phone seem quicker. I had been assured by another poster here that all S4s lagged and if I didn't think so (and I didn't) it was only because I was used to performance on stock Samsung ROMs. The GE ROM felt no different so I gave up on it and restored from my nandroid backup and all was well.

During the few hours I used the GE ROM, I tried to restore my data from my Titanium Backup Pro backup. This did appear to work but it was a tedious and laborious process involving reviewing every individual bit of backed up data and making stabs in the dark as to what I should restore and what I shouldn't.

Is there a quicker and cleverer way to do this than my clunky approach?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

If you open titanium and press the tick at the top right it will bring up your batch options. Then choose restore missing apps and data. If you are changing to a different ROM make sure you have exclude system apk's ticked. If you are restoring to the same ROM that the backup was made from it's ok to restore the system apk's as well.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

What about things like call logs, SMS history, Bluetooth pairings and so on? I did find the batch options for apps but I could think of quite a few things that didn't seem to be covered and I dare say there is more that I don't even know about.
  4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

If you open titanium and press menu and go to backup data to xml you can backup call logs and sms. I'm not sure about Bluetooth pairings though.