Restoring data after Flashing Rom

Last Updated:

1. ExSaint

ExSaint Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just flashed with Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo. Went very smoothly. I used Titanium back up (free) and Astro file manager to back everything up.
    Take note this is my second time flashing a rom. First time went fine. I have restored all data and apps. Everything is restored perfectly except my text messages which i need the most. Don't worry i did a nandroid back up before even flashing. I thinking i did all the restoring correct. Whats the deal lol? I would hate to restore back to the nandroid back up and redo the whole flashing process again. Any alternatives?

EDIT: I'm thinking my theme has something to do with it?? Restarted the device and all screens crashed and had no home screens.

Advertisement
  2. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

I have done nandroid backups and Titanium backups and flashed many times and I've never had my text messages make it over the event horizon.

Maybe mybackup pro would have saved them but my texts aren't that important so I never bothered to test.

ExSaint likes this.
  3. ExSaint

ExSaint Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well damn!!! lol. I guess technically their not that big of a deal. They still their in the nandroid back up i assume. I just figured titanium backed them up. I did have MIQ installed which backs up nothing but messages and contacts. I will give that a shot. It stores everything to a secure account online. I did fix the screens crashing. I did a nandroid before applying the theme. Better safe than sorry I guess.
    Thanks

**Update** FIXED!!! I used MIQ app which is freaking awesome!! Put all my texts messages back. It stores basically calender, contacts, messages, and emails, and photos i think to an online private account. Syncs on a daily basis. Very useful. Doesn't take that much bettery either.