restoring data on droid

Last Updated:

1. Lifeoffroad03

Lifeoffroad03 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all. This is my first post and i hope its not a stupid one. Is there any way to restore the data on the droid if it was reset to factory settings?

Thanks all.

Advertisement
  2. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

What data? pictures? music? apps?
    If its music pictures or things like that, they should have been saved to ur SD card thus not getting wiped. If it was apps, you need a program like Astro File manager to back them up before u wipe this way u can redownload that and restore your apps. if you didnt do that your beat. And as for contacts, well we all know google takes care of that ;).

3. Lifeoffroad03

Thanks. What about text messages? I had some contact info in there that I kinda need.

4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

If you're rooted, Titanium Backup is awesome for restoring all your data. If you're not rooted, MyBackUp Pro will backup all of your text messages, phone log and other selected data either manually or on a schedule, and then you can use it to restore those items after a factory reset.

5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

look into MyBackup: data, text, apps, etc.

6. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

BUT.. once the Factory reset is done without backing up first.. info is gone unfortunately.

Only thing I can think of (all this requires rooting)..is using Clockwork Recovery to mount the various partitions, and then use a data recovery program on a PC to bring things back.

7. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

oops.. did not read the part about it already being factory reset... yeah, then I would say your scrizzewd

8. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Same here (about misreading the part about it already being factory reset) -- and maybe this is cold comfort, but the advice is good going forward so it doesn't happen again.

9. Lifeoffroad03

Thanks all. I appreciate your help. I'll get these backup/recovery items for next time.

I take it verizon cant do it for me right?