Restoring everything after flashing a new ROM.

Last Updated:

1. Elpelco

Elpelco Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've flashed SenseHero 2.1 & 2.2 over the last week or so, and as soon as SenseEspresso is ready I'm going to flash that one too. My question is, is there a quick way to get your phone back to the way you like it? I currently use mybackup pro & Titanium backup, and it takes me a fair chunk of time to reinstall all my apps and set up my homescreens.

Any suggestions? What do y'all do?

Advertisement
  2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Well-Known Member

For apps; Titanium Backup - You take a backup of all your apps in 1 go, it stores them on your sd card, flash your new rom, download titanium backup again and the run the batch file to restore your apps, although you have to 1 by 1 accept the installation unless you pay $4 for a licence, in which case it will automatically install the apps. 1 downside is you have to set up your home screens again.

For homescreens; i would like to know this one too ;)

3. Elpelco

Elpelco Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aha! I shall buy a license then. Thankyou. That's the part I hate, restoring alll the apps, one....by...one.

I was under the impression that mybackup pro could save homescreen info, but it's failed the last few times I've tried.

4. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Well-Known Member

Yeah buying a licence is definatly worth it, and its rapid delivery too, i downloaded my rom, paid for titanium backup and by the time id installed the rom i had my licence waiting for me.

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

+1

6. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

My backup pro used to do my home screens, but seems not to with this custom 2.1 rom..

7. .Ray

.Ray Member

Hi, I justed flashed SenseHero 2.1 B3 and tried to restore my contacts via myBackup Pro but it's complaining that I'm not signed into my Google account therefore refused to restore my contacts. Except, I am signed in, my gmail is working... Any ideas? Thanks.