restoring firmwareSupport

Last Updated: 2012-03-14 19:13:45
  1. MLB007

MLB007 Member

In deleting excess programs, I mistakenly deleted messaging from my apps list. (thought it was a stand alone version)
    Now I can receive but not send text messages.
    And get frequent pops ups saying "xxxx running, but can't complete" or something to that effect. I have to choose "cancel" to make it go away. Does that even not trying to text.
    I can't find anything on the Samsung site about restoring the firmware(?) to the original condition.
    ???????

Advertisement
  2. MLB007

MLB007 Member

Downloaded GOSms pro from the app store (free) and now I can text!
  3. jntdroid

jntdroid Well-Known Member

4. MLB007

MLB007 Member

5. jntdroid

just sent you a pm with a link to the file in my dropbox
  6. twist049

twist049 New Member

Is there any chance i can grab a copy of the restore file also? Thanks!
  7. jntdroid

I'm about to do an entire post with the files and instructions... I cleaned up the .zip a bit and am re-uploading right now - look for the post in the root section in a bit.
  8. MLB007

MLB007 Member

Can't get it to work.
  9. MLB007

MLB007 Member

It fails in the install.
  10. ZenPit

ZenPit Well-Known Member

Just reinstall the ROM you're using. I've deleted a lot of essential apps and replaced them by reinstalling the ROM I'm using.

Or use a market app for it. Hand cent and GoSMS are two that I know of.
  11. MLB007

MLB007 Member

Uh, already did use GoSMS, and as I said, it doesn't get rid of the problem.
    WHERE do I get the ROM is the question. ;)
  12. ZenPit

ZenPit Well-Known Member

I got an email saying you posted but it isn't showing here. I was assuming your phone was rooted as, in my understanding, you'd need root user access to delete the messaging app. You can find out which ROM (if you are indeed rooted) you're on by going to:
    Settings>About Phone and scrolling to the bottom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Samsung_Exhibit_II_4G

You can find the ROMs listed in the link above. Before you jump/switch to a different ROM make sure you aren't using Jocoala's custom kernel and if you are make sure you jump/switch/install a ROM that supports it.
  13. MLB007

MLB007 Member

Rom = Android version, baseband version, kernel version or build number?
  14. MLB007

MLB007 Member

This stuff is over my head, can a repair shop do this for me?
  15. ZenPit

ZenPit Well-Known Member

Build number its the last one listed

Uh maybe depends on the area you're in. Don't worry this is easy to figure out and once you figure it out everything when it comes to Modding your phone will come easier. Trust me when I say that, two months ago I was in your shoes trying to fix my phone and running around XDA and AndroidForums trying to correct my missteps.