• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Restoring from auto backup

Hi folks

not been on for a while, decided to factory reset my phone today, its been cluttered up for a while and i thought a restart might do it good, all has gone fine, i backed up my contacts with sandisk memory zone and restoring that has gone ok

what hasnt is the supposed "automatic restore" that the manual speaks about, i realise in later versions 2.2 onwards that the option in the menu was hidden, before i did the reset i checked and under the privacy>backup and restore the options for backup my settings and automatic restore were both ticked

now i was really only bothered about getting back my messages and according to the manual when i do a factory reset after its completed i should get a dialogue box up asking if i want to restore, well ive had no luck with that i completed the restore and its not come up and i know of no way to force it. and the only options listed on my backup and restore menu are "backup my settings" and "automatic restore"

its not the end of the world if i cant get them back but ill be damn annoyed

cheers ears all!:D
HTC Desire
android 2.2
not rooted

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones