Restoring from HTC backup

Last Updated:

1. Hatticus

Hatticus Member This Topic's Starter

I upgraded to 2.2 last night, but got stuck in the reboot loop. To fix it I reflashed to a 2.1 ROM and then re-applied the FOTA upgrade to 2.2, which seemed to work fine.

The only problem now is that I have lost all my SMS and MMS. They should've been backed up when the original (failed) 2.2 upgrade took place. Is there any way to restore this backup? I've tried a factory reset but no luck. :(

Advertisement
  2. aks1081

aks1081 New Member

I had the same problem last night, it got stuck in a reboot loop but then after it stopped. I used my backup to get everything back as i backed everything and luckily as i was installed i got a error that it was going to save my settings in the backup when installed but it failed and then it restarted on its own and here i am with 2.2 doing everything again, but its stopped rebooting. I lost my phone signal, my sim card is blown away from the update, apn settings lost was a nightmare other sim cards worked except for mine and i have a htc desire.
    To answer your question if you did not use mybackup youve lost everything because you did a factory reset and that means everything is wiped.
    But this update was a nightmare man hope the new sim card works fine...how can a update blow the sim away? anyone else got this problem with the update last night?