• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restoring/Installing stock apps, how?

gam9p

Lurker
Sep 4, 2010
hi everyone,
im new to this rooting phone thing, but i was able to root and custom rom my phone. I got the velocity rom running and its great but i miss some of the old LG apps, like the digital alarm clock and the rings that came with it. I tried the appbrain app and i get errors or freezes when i try to look at the LG apps, so what do i do? Can someone give me a hint or a thread i can read?
Big thanks

hi everyone,
im new to this rooting phone thing, but i was able to root and custom rom my phone. I got the velocity rom running and its great but i miss some of the old LG apps, like the digital alarm clock and the rings that came with it. I tried the appbrain app and i get errors or freezes when i try to look at the LG apps, so what do i do? Can someone give me a hint or a thread i can read?
Big thanks

There needs to be a sticky about this type of thing. This is like the 10th default app thread.

You can download countless alarm clocks from the market. As for other default apps, there are alternatives that can do just the same if not more. Download some things from the market and test them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones