• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Restoring text msgs SMS Backup archived in gmail?

wopnick

Lurker
Jun 29, 2010
Is there any way to push the msgs archived in the SMS folder that SMS backup creates in gmail back to the phone after a wipe? I've searched and searched and cannot find an answer or a trick to restore the backed up msgs. It's nice having the msgs backed up on Gmail but it would be nicer if I could have them on my phone as well.
Thanks in Advance.

Is there any way to push the msgs archived in the SMS folder that SMS backup creates in gmail back to the phone after a wipe? I've searched and searched and cannot find an answer or a trick to restore the backed up msgs. It's nice having the msgs backed up on Gmail but it would be nicer if I could have them on my phone as well.
Thanks in Advance.
Don't have an answer to your question but next time try "SMS Backup and Restore". It backs up your sms to the sd card and restores it quickly to messenging program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones