• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Rethinking a "super" extended battery

gamul1

Android Enthusiast
Apr 24, 2010
Initially I was all prepared to buy the largest battery that comes out for the Incredible (50000mah!!!) and was ok with having a new back and it being a little thicker.

But now I realize I already bought the silicon case for mine and my wifes DI and if the back gets extended will it still fit in this case? Having a semi soft case is important for me in terms of peace of mind.

When new batteries come out - will a store allow me to try a battery and door in this case to see if it fits before I buy?

It sounds like the Seidio1750 fits inside the current door and hence same size. Sounds like a safe bet. I had wanted the 2150 if it came out and then I heard Seidio is making a 3500. The 3500 definitely will not fit inside the current door.

Anyway - I am curious if this is a concern for anyone else? I don't want to keep dropping more $ every time I tweak something.

Thanks all!

Glenn

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones