• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root retire the prevail?

Alright peoples its that time for my Prevail to be retired. I seen that at the Boost online store they have sales on most newer phones. So I gotta ask, which one to get? Ive narrowed it down to the Prevail 2 and the HTC One SV. I thought the Prevail 2 was the phone to get but 2 things made me reconsider: 1)Its white. Im not totally against a white phone but its definitely not a top choice for a phone color. 2)No 4G only 3G. I know the 4G service isnt available in my area yet, but Id like to use it when it is.

Thats about the only negatives I can think of for the Prevail 2. So anyone who owns these phones, please chime in with your experiences.

Also, since I value the people here opinions, Im going to be buying a new tablet for myself soon(my wife is on her third compared to my one). My major qualifications are Android, 10inches, and Id like to spend no more than $400 but for the right tablet, Id be willing to spend a little more. I must of really pleased the wife since she gave me the green flag on a new phone, tablet, I preordered the XBox One, and she also said if I want the PS4 I can get that for XMas. I love it when she supports my big boy toy purchases:D

Upvote 0
Alright peoples its that time for my Prevail to be retired. I seen that at the Boost online store they have sales on most newer phones. So I gotta ask, which one to get? Ive narrowed it down to the Prevail 2 and the HTC One SV. I thought the Prevail 2 was the phone to get but 2 things made me reconsider: 1)Its white. Im not totally against a white phone but its definitely not a top choice for a phone color. 2)No 4G only 3G. I know the 4G service isnt available in my area yet, but Id like to use it when it is.

Thats about the only negatives I can think of for the Prevail 2. So anyone who owns these phones, please chime in with your experiences.

Also, since I value the people here opinions, Im going to be buying a new tablet for myself soon(my wife is on her third compared to my one). My major qualifications are Android, 10inches, and Id like to spend no more than $400 but for the right tablet, Id be willing to spend a little more. I must of really pleased the wife since she gave me the green flag on a new phone, tablet, I preordered the XBox One, and she also said if I want the PS4 I can get that for XMas. I love it when she supports my big boy toy purchases:D

I love my Note 10.1 tablet. I'm thinking about dabbling a bit into the custom scene for it seeing as XDA seems a bit scattered and there's no AF love for it. Not that it should sway your decision in any way :)
I got the Prevail 2 for myself for a couple of reasons, mostly that it has the name Prevail in it, and also that my wife looked at me sideways when I tried to get her to let me spend more money :D

Upvote 0
I love my Note 10.1 tablet. I'm thinking about dabbling a bit into the custom scene for it seeing as XDA seems a bit scattered and there's no AF love for it. Not that it should sway your decision in any way :)
I got the Prevail 2 for myself for a couple of reasons, mostly that it has the name Prevail in it, and also that my wife looked at me sideways when I tried to get her to let me spend more money :D

Now only if you would dev on the prevail2.....

Upvote 0

Thanks for the info. As far as the wife thing goes, I think I figured mine out when it comes to toys. I make sure I get her all taken care with her getting a new cell phone and tablets, so when it comes time for me, she cant say no since Ive been so generous with her. It took me 13yrs to figure that out but better late than never:D

Upvote 0
Although I have moved myself over to the Galaxy S2 quite a while ago, my Prevail isn't retired. I gave it to my mom. It still runs great. The Prevail 2 looks like a nice phone. I do like the S3, but it isn't a big enough jump over the S2 for me to spend that much..

The S3 is bad to the bone. We're running just about all of the Sprint Touch Whiz ROMs now including The M.O.A.R ROM and Wicked Sensations. Won't be much longer before we have AOSP/CyanogenMod/AOKP ROMs fully functional either.:D

Upvote 0
The S3 is bad to the bone. We're running just about all of the Sprint Touch Whiz ROMs now including The M.O.A.R ROM and Wicked Sensations. Won't be much longer before we have AOSP/CyanogenMod/AOKP ROMs fully functional either.:D

Oh I agree the S3 is a great device. It just isn't a high enough jump over my S2 to justify an over 300 dollar purchase. The jump from my Prevail to the S2 was HUGE and more worth the cost. If I was jumping from the Prevail the S3, that would be a great jump. There is no 4g (LTE or WiMAX) in my area, so that is not a factor for me.

Upvote 0
I've moved to the S3. I'd gotten a S2 but never moved my service to it. I kinda didn't like the S2 honestly. I was more an HTC fan and I'd flashed a HTC Evo 3d. After the 3d started "touching itself" I moved to the Evo 4g instead of going for the S2 that I had...

Then came the fateful day that I saw a S3 for cheap that was on Page+. I jumped on it and after 2 days of fighting with the beast it finally had give up the MSL. Flashed it and haven't looked back. Jellybean is awesome. I love this phone. But it's identity is still from my beloved Prevail. Even thought I got everything off the Prevail I still cant bring myself to zero it out and give it to my son as a ipod/android game device. My Prevail is sitting at the bottom of a drawer. Functional, minus the battery. I have another Prevail that I use from time to time when I need a second phone for nefarious purposes... Muhuhahaha. Oh. Sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones