Retired the Droid today

1. Ru83n

Ru83n Well-Known Member

Well i have had my Droid X chilling on my desk since it came in last fri. But today i decided i would finally pull the trigger and activate it. I love my droid as i had it since release and it works perfect and haven't had any problems with it other then the headphone jack. I rooted it and was running petes 2.2 with next them really missing that right now :D. but one thing i hate is seeing other people with the same thing as me and i saw some droids but havent seen one incredible, and no droid x so to sum this up the droid is a hella killer phone and easy to work with and i would recommend it to anyone. ill still post as i still have the droid and iam also on the incredible and droid x forums.

Advertisement
    :
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

TRAITOR! :p

j/k enjoy your X, it's a great phone or it wouldn't be on the market. I guess we'll ALL have to move on eventually. So whatcha going to do with your dearly departed Droid? Hold it in standby or sell it? Just curious...
  3. Ru83n

Ru83n Well-Known Member

haha its chillin nxt to my incredible and X but i guess ill sell it
    [​IMG]
  4. Chugworth

Chugworth Well-Known Member

I like to get at least a year out of a phone. My Droid still suits me fine, and I have no plans of upgrading until around the time Android 3 comes out (since Droid probably won't get it). Verizon's 4G may be another factor in my upgrade decision. If Android 3 comes out, but a 4G phone is just around the corner, then I may hold off a little longer.
  5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Booo! Long live the original Droid! Ha ha ha! Jk. Hope you enjoy your new X! But myself, my original Droid is still rocking so I'm gonna stick with it a bit longer.
  6. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

someone's got money burning a hole in their pocket :)
  7. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but how many were running Froyo at 1.2 GHz with wi-fi tethering, ad-free browsing and custom themes?

As so many others have repeated before me, I'm sticking to the original Droid until Verizon offers a 4G Android phone with that supports rooting. Well that, or when my 2-year contract expires in November 2011...
  8. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Enjoy your new phone! I played with the X a few days ago and really liked it. I was surprised how easily it fit into my pocket. The screen is huge (which I like). It almost feels like a tablet. I am probably going to wait for a super amoled, dual core, front facing camera, LTE phone. I waited 3 years to upgrade to the Droid :)
  9. Darkwarrior006

Darkwarrior006 Well-Known Member

Im in the same boat, the droid isnt even a year old and its about to be EOF. Im not ditching mine until is breaks.
  10. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

in a brilliant scheme to make money, motorola decided to make more than one droid and sell them.
  11. Ru83n

Ru83n Well-Known Member

haha i actually miss the root and changing roms :D but i don't mind keeping up with the newest things unless i don't whats coming out. but like i said the original droid is super sick just the new big screen is pretty awesome
  12. Dmordarski

Dmordarski Well-Known Member

I just stopped into the vzw store today, Love the Droid X screen, button, basically the hardware is a beast, but motorola and verizon ruined the UI, with there crappy widgets, top bar, ugly icons, and stupid pre-installed programs, no 3D program draw, ugly menu and dots at the bottom, too bad vanilla would have be wonderful, guess verizon and moto haven't learned
  13. Ru83n

Ru83n Well-Known Member

nothing is ever perfect iam just gunna hold out and see what happens, after using this bad boy all other phones seem so small lol
  14. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Problem I have with holding out for 4G is that Verizon has made it very clear they plan on offering tiered data plans. I'm not really looking forward to that so for now I'd rather keep a 3G phone and unlimited data.
  15. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

how much for the INC?