Retiring DX to wifi phone

1. Matreyu

Matreyu Well-Known Member

So my family is up for my upgrades and I'm going to retire my wife's DX to my son. He has Google Voice so I figured we could drop prepaid Tmobile phone and he'll have a 'smartphone'.

Problem is, I wasn't thinking and I did a factory reset on her DX to get a clean slate. Now, I think, the DX wants to connect to Vzw and re-activate her line which would in turn de-activate her new Droid 4. Can't I get around this process to simply sign up his Gmail account to the telephony part is not active?

Thanks for the tech support.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Yes, you can bypass that. When you get to the screen with the Droid asking you to activate, touch the upper left corner of the screen, then the upper right, then the lower right, and finally the lower left. That's it!
    trophynuts and Matreyu like this.
  3. Matreyu

Hmm, if you weren't a Senior Member here I would think someone's pulling a prank. Either way, I'll be at home tonite trying this. THanks.
  4. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

There's youtube video of it if you don't trust me ;-)
    Matreyu likes this.
  5. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

the Old 4 Corner trick :)
  6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

ylexot a senior member? never! haha
  7. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Yep,
    But actually it doesn't matter which corner you start with, as long as you touch the 4 corners in a clockwise fashion.
  8. TwinCams

TwinCams Active Member

This response spooked me as well, but this is good to know! lol
  9. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

Did it work for him?
  10. Matreyu

11. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

I just wanted to know. I'm looking to get a new phone since I can get a new device since Nov. last year and my 6 year old wants my X.
  12. Dman027

Dman027 Active Member

Well that's good to know, being that I might have to be retiring my phone soon, since we are all almost due for upgrades.