Retuning Evo to RS. How about my number?

1. peekapoo

peekapoo Active Member

I can't get over with battery life, so I will retun it to RS where I got it from.
    Few questions before I do that.

1. I pre-ordered it, so $50 gift card for cash and rest on my credit card.
    How would they refund me?

2. Do I need to call sprint to cancel service first before I go to RS?
    If so, what about my number?
    Can I just port my number to other carrier to cancel?

3. I already got my first bill from sprint, but since I am canceling within 30 days, do I just ignore that bill?

Advertisement
  2. BODHi

BODHi Member

I just went through this a few days ago.

1. Whatever you paid apart from the $50 gift should go back to your card. As to the money you spent on the gift card, that comes down to the manager really. If you read the receipt, it says non-refundable gift card purchase, but many (I myself included) have been refunded their full amount.

2. Port your number to desired carrier first. That automatically tells Sprint you are not interested/happy and at the same time terminates your contract. If you call them first and cancel, there's a good chance you might lose your number. Usually in order to port out/in the number must be currently active.

After porting out, take it back to RS. Then, it comes down to how resourceful the RS you purchased the phone at is. They are suppose to take in your phone and call Sprint to let them know you have returned handset. In my case, they wanted to be lazy and I had to call on my own, but Sprint had to call them and verify that it was returned.

I wanted my eligibility reset, that way I will still be considered a new customer and don't have to pay the full price for an EVO, since I am gonna wait till some of the bugs are fixed and try again.

You should still call Sprint to make sure everything is finalized. Which leads to #3.

3. Never ignore a bill. Read your Sprint contract, it says that in the event that you cancel, you are just responsible for usage (minutes used, texts, data) if I'm correct. Everything else should be credited/negated. But I got on the phone with Sprint since there was a questionable amount due after canceling my line, and I got this excellent individual, he got it to where I don't have to pay a cent. Give it a try, you never know.
  3. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

You will most likely loose the number if its less then 30 days old. If you had it before the EVO, you can deff keep it. However, when you return for the refund, they notify Sprint that your cancelling. So like the previous poster said, it all comes down to how resourcefull the shack rep is.
  4. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Well-Known Member

wow sad why would you give up an evo
  5. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

^ They say the battery life is too short. I'm not sure what smartphone they'll get that's much better, though.
  6. pgus13

pgus13 Well-Known Member

My battery life wasn't terrible with the exception of 2 days. I downloaded an app that disables things that start up and I am at 45% after nearly 22 hours pulling from the charger (and the 1st 10% dropped in under 30 mins!
  7. itzfoxfire58

itzfoxfire58 New Member

I haven't been having problems with my battery life, I down loaded Big Kill to kill any apps I don't want running and turned off 4g if I'm not using it, I don't have to recharge my phone for 15 hours, about the same I was getting on my Pre. RS did tell me when I first got the phone to not charge the phone until it went all the way down. Before you take it in try this the phone is really great.