• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Return and Rebuy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueIce5249

Android Expert
Mar 31, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
I recently bought a Moto X and I'm picking it up this afternoon at FedEx. I ended up getting the 16gb for $349 on Friday morning. I also talked Motorola into giving me a free snapcase ($30), free royal blue earbuds ($39), and a free anti-glare screen protector ($15). I do have the $100 off code though too now, the question is do you think I should try and return the phone, keep the free stuff, and try to get $50 more off? Or am I being too greedy?

I'm buying this because I'm selling a new S4 that Asurion sent to replace my broken S3.

I'm torn so I thought I'd try and get some opinions of others.

Sorry for the ensuing rant but...

It irks me when I see such posts (lots on G+). You ordered a phone and they built it for you, you knew (and were good with) the price AND you got free stuff to boot. Take the phone you ordered and enjoy it.

I honestly don't understand why people think it's OK to send a custom item back just to get a few dollars off. I have no idea what Moto does with all the phones that go back because folks didn't like the color or, like now, want a better price. They probably just re-fit them with new backs and send 'em out again but really, why should they have to? Sure, Moto is going way out of their way to make sure everyone is happy but what happened to being responsible for your own decisions?

I bought my DE X at the full-blown really pricey amount as soon as it was released for Verizon. It's much, much cheaper now but I don't regret my decision. I knew the price, knew it may come down but I ordered it anyway and love it. Truth be told, even if was reduced within a week or so I wouldn't have tried to return/re-order. I just think that's wrong.

So, I think you are being greedy but if you're OK with that then go for it ;)

Upvote 0
Well, it sounds like you already have your mind made up. You asked if it's too greedy, someone said yes, you say no and that you don't feel bad.

It looks like you don't really need any more opinions then so I'm going to close this thread up before it escalates.

If you have any questions or concerns please send me a PM. :)

/thread closed

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones