Return LG Ally to Stock

1. geekinside724

geekinside724 New Member

I rooted my Ally with Froyo a few months back, but now the phone is starting to really act up- drop calls when I know the signal is perfect, not sending/ receiving text messages, even data is sketchy at best. I've even just watched the network indicator. It's gone up, gone down, disconnected, reconnected... the data indicator switches from 3G to 1x and no connection. I'm trying to restore my Ally back to the Android platform that was on it originally. Anyone have instructions for that? Much appreciated!

Advertisement
    :
  2. GalaxyEuropa

GalaxyEuropa Well-Known Member

you flashed froyo onto it or did it come with it? tried a factory reset?
  3. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Well-Known Member

4. geekinside724

geekinside724 New Member

I got the phone stock, flashed Froyo to get root access so I could do Wifi tethering without paying the extra $20 for Verizon to switch it.

swc2001, KingOfGreen, thanks! I'll give it a try later on today!
  5. geekinside724

geekinside724 New Member

Just curious though, is the first link "Plan A" and the second "Plan B"?
  6. cr5315

cr5315 Well-Known Member Developer

The first link will take you back to stock and the second link will take you to stock recovery.
  7. geekinside724

geekinside724 New Member

This is taking more time than it needs. Right now I'm pretty much just downloaing .zips, pasting their contents on my SD card, and hoping it works, which it's kind of not. The directions bounce around too much.
    Here's all the info on my phone as taken from "About Phone"

Model Number:
    Ally (but we know that already)

Android Version:

Baseband Version:
    VS740MVE.6040.1001

Kernel Version:
    lg-electronics@aloha #2

Build Number:
    FRG83G

SW Version:
    VS740ZVE

I'll keep trying, and if one works, I'll post instructions for it too.
    ~Beats head off a brick wall first~
  8. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Well-Known Member

Youre over complicating this, take the stock 2.2.2 zip, download it, unzip the one folder to sdcard/nandroid/mem=223/ then boot into recovery and wipe then choose restore and select the backup you just copied there. The directions are pretty on the spot.
  9. JCofVAB

JCofVAB Member

When I attempt to get into recovery mode it toggles between the LG logo and the android with the triangle and when I let go of the keys it just goes to the normal boot up. What am is wrong?
  10. JCofVAB

JCofVAB Member

I was able to root the phone again using superoneclick and have flashed a new rom..all is well I have learned a lot exploring the forums here and at phandroid and androidpolice. thanks all