Return to get another Epic?

Last Updated:

1. pjy9394

pjy9394 Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Epic at best buy on sept 4th. now that 30 day deadline is just around the corner, i really want to get a diferent epic, since my build quality isnt that great. The screen wobbles a lot compared to my friend's, and the phone freezes from time to time. but the thing is that it doesnt happen too many times, but still i want to get a different epic before the 30 days.

Do you think best buy will let me get a new epic for exchange, even if i cant show them the problem? what if i return i for another device, and return that one again for a new epic?

it comes down to is there anyway to get a new epic?

Advertisement
  2. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

I got mine from best buy .. when they wouldn't replace it I took it to sprint and got out swapped no problem. 4 times at that & all brand new. within the first 30 u are guaranteed satisfaction

3. pjy9394

Oh, even if you bought from best buy, you can go to the sprint store and say "can i get a different epic" they give you a new one easily?

4. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

some on this site say they won't and don't have to but sprint customer service instructed me to do it and there was not a question asked where I purchased it. its on the sprint network so that must of been all that mattered

5. shalea

shalea Member

I would recommend replacing the phone & take it through the ringer over the next few days (thru your 30days). I purchased my phone from BB and it was freezing and locking up & I got a replacement w/no questions asked. This is my 2nd one and it workd perfect....no freezing, a little lagging (possibly from multi-tasking, or the app), but other than that, it's pretty sound.

6. princealyy

princealyy Well-Known Member

I got mine from the sprint store and had trouble with them not exchanging it so honestly its a ymmv deal

7. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I just returned mine and had some issues. The guy at moblie said that my phone dropping all it's signal and then returning within the next 5 seconds is a Sprint issue and not the Epic. I told him, BS, it didn't happen on my sister's phone and I couldn't find anything on it on the android forum. I also told him it was freezing from time to time and he said it was a android issues and they heard this from all their android customers.

He said he'll do it this one time because he said it was not the Epic, and it was either Sprint's fault or android. As he was doing the swap I asked him about the battery and if he heard anything. He said no, and the Epic should have one of the best battery life out there. He also told me a guy at geek squad had the Epic and he complained about everything on the phone but stated the battery life was great.

I got my new Epic and so far no signal drops yet. The phone is a bit more laggy though with the same apps and widgets I had installed before on my previous Epic. Battery life still sucks though.

8. bryanberlin

bryanberlin Active Member

I dont see how anyone has to exchange thier phone 4 times

TheAlien likes this.
  9. CrashGordon

CrashGordon Well-Known Member

My wife is on #3. First phone screen went black while downloading an app and could not be reset. Second phone back button didn't work. Current phone seems to be OK.

10. pjy9394

So i did take my epic back and got a new one, but i realized that I didn't unroot it hahahah....

I left them my phone number, but since they gave it to me and i left the store with it, can they do anything? like charge me $500 or ask me to return the device?

p.s. I forgot to return the 16gb memory card too haha

11. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned

Third parties like RadioShack are a lot better with honoring exchange requests. I'd try exchanging it at BestBuy. If all else fails, you can always make a warranty claim.

12. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Oh yea? Try 6 sweetheart I had 5 bad ones. Just take it back to best buy and get it swapped out if your not happy.

13. shook187

shook187 Well-Known Member

Crazy the nit picking that takes place. I do have to admit returning one back to bestbuy cause I f'ed it up doing a manual update.