1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Return to homescreen after sending SMS

Last Updated:

1. danwill17

danwill17 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I've searched for quite some time over this forum and also using Google, so I hope I'm not duplicating a thread.

Does anyone know if there is any way of returning to the homescreen after sending an SMS? I have a Desire Z and whilst it's only a case of pressing the home key, it's a small gripe as I have to flip the keyboard back in and press home.

I'm using the default SMS application and I'm not too fussed on external SMS apps as I don't like the graphics (I've tried Handcent and the default Android skin still isn't quite the same), plus the only real reason I wanted them was to change the LED colour, but that doesn't work either.

Anyways, if anyone has some ideas please feel free to let me know.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Just hit the home key. Takes less than a second...

3. danwill17

danwill17 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply, I should have been more clear though sorry.

I want to automatically return to the homescreen after pressing "send", rather than hit the home key and shut the slider, mainly because I'm usually too fast and end up saving what I've just sent as a draft also for the next ime I reply.

No big deal really just means I should slow down a touch.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Exactly.

5. TLDspectre

TLDspectre Well-Known Member

I use the Handcent pop-up window for replies; when I finish sending the window goes away, leaving me on the screen I was at before the message pops up.

For composing new messages, Handcent has an option in the settings that enables a "quick compose" feature. This allows you to press a button on the phone which brings up a new message window. When you send the message it returns back to the last screen you were viewing. The only drawback to this is it only lets you use either the camera button (if your phone has one), or long-pressing the Search button.

I know you mentioned trying Handcent, but thought I'd point these features out in case you missed them. I figured these options in Handcent were close to what you were looking for.

danwill17 likes this.
  6. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

I just tried it with tasker, and it didn't seem to work, but it might have something to do with the fact that I'm using launcherpro. It's worth a shot with the free trial.