Return to stock problems...

Last Updated:

1. bpopilek

bpopilek New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so here is my situation. I just sold my Droid Incredible to a friend. I have had the phone rooted (UnrEVOked) since just after the 2.2 update came out, and it worked perfectly for me. However, he decided that he wanted to put it back to plain stock, so he of course tried starting the process without asking me for assistance! Here is where the problem comes in.

He downloaded the android 2.1 pbimg31.zip file from some unknown website and ran it. While it did complete the install successfully, and now root/nandroid are gone, he can no longer get it to update back to 2.2. He has tried to re-update it by putting a stock 2.2 update file on the SD card, but it wouldn't go. And it does not offer him an OTA update when he tries to check for updates. Here are the current settings on the phone.

S-Off
    Baseband Version 1.00.03.04.06
    HBoot Version 0.77.0000
    System Version is 2.1-update1

In the last message I sent him, I asked him to try resetting it back to 2.1 stock again by following this video tutorial Still no word on the outcome as of yet, so I figured I'd enlist some more help just in case!

I noticed in the video the other guy's phone is set to S-On, does this make a difference? If so, how do I go about having him change his from S-Off to S-On? Any help would be greatly appreciated since he is an hour away and I just don't have the time to drive there and look at it in person until next week. Thanks for reading!

Advertisement
  2. bpopilek

bpopilek New Member This Topic's Starter

I just talked to him and he said that the phone will not let him attempt to apply the pbimg31.zip linked in the video, so he is stuck. I'm assuming it won't apply because it is already loaded on the phone??? I guess I am at the mercy of everyone here and their ideas. Thanks so much!

3. Mark_Venture

Mark_Venture Member

Can he try running -> Shipped ROMs

does that make any difference?

4. doug piston

doug piston Well-Known Member

First move would be to name it correctly. It's PB31IMG. If it still won't load try dling it from some place else.

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Also, it won't load unless the card is formatted to FAT32. And if he's going to load an IMG file, might as well have him loading stock 2.2, then he's done.

6. stayfly

stayfly New Member

ruu won't work it doesn't recognize that my phone is connected thru the usb cord i get error messages.

7. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member

This has been discussed on XDA, there is no need to downgrade to 2.1 anymore.

8. turbozombie

turbozombie Well-Known Member

I was able to get back to stock by running unrevoked's S-ON tool, then applying the 2.2 stock RUU (named as that PB file). Wiped all my data, but it worked.