• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root return to stock

I need to return my phone back to stock and unroot so i can send it to lg. live chat rep from lg told me they wont accept it if its rooted and they can find out by the kernal version. i dont have a back up, so can i flash the stock rooted zv4 for boost and unroot it? any help will be greatly appreciated

Use root explorer and delete superuser.apk from the /system/app folder. Go to the Android market and download and install super user. Use root explorer again and delete su from /system/bin. Go to the market and uninstall super user.

Do a factory reset & you will be back to square one.

From there, I would use the kdz updater to roll back to zv9, then instead of installing a stock rooted rom, take the ota update and it will be like it just came out of the box

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones