Return White Evo due to small light leakage?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. jdbell2004

jdbell2004 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I exchanged my version 3 at best buy last night for light leakage. They were very hesitant to make the exchange even within my 30 day period. I was given a version 4 white. When I got home I noticed a pin hole of light coming through the black surface just under the search button. I didn't really want the white phone and I really don't want a phone that I'm not completely happy with. Even though it's a small issue would it be a valid reason for an exchange? If not couldn't I just return under the 30 day period and go back to my hero (ugh). I may try a different best buy if that's a possibility. Or would a Sprint store do a warranty exchange as a manufacturers defect?

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i think you are being a little anal about that if its a pin hole amount of light. if you can see it during your usual ambient lighting conditions then that may be something but for a pin hole of light?

if you did not like the white one why did you leave with it? you could have asked if you could get the black evo and even asked if another best buy had a black evo in stock (if the store you were at was OOS)

at any event, all members can do here is speculate at best what best buy may do. they may return it.. they may not. go to the store and see what they say.

if you are within your 30 day period then by all means take it back. if they wont exchange, return it. source another store with the handset you want.

i still have a launch day evo with no leaks, grounding or screen separation issues, so make yourself happy and go back to the store....

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

You can find flaws in ANYTHING if you look hard enough.

marctronixx likes this.
  4. Stang70Fastback

Stang70Fastback Well-Known Member

I have no light leakage that I can see with my white V3 phone, so I can't REALLY tell you how I'd feel about a pinhole of light, but I very seriously doubt that it sounds like something that merits returning your phone and going back to an old one...

When you put any kind of case on your phone it's going to cover the bottom anyway - so not quite sure why it would matter - unless you don't plan on using a case - in which case you'll have more to be anal about that just a pinhole of light pretty soon anyway.

...and while I only got the white version because at the time there was no wait for it, I have to admit I think it's pretty damned sexy.

5. jdbell2004

jdbell2004 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone! You're right its not a big issue. Now... time to figure out how to root this thing with the new hboot... :(

6. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

"version 4 white" He said in the start.

marctronixx likes this.
  7. Evoixmrftw

Evoixmrftw Well-Known Member

Hey I have that same pinhole leak slightly below and left of the search button. But I have a black version 3, which was an exchange for my original white evo when I shattered its screen.

8. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

since the OP has made a decision on the light issue, this thread will close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.