• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Returned My Week Old Android Eee 32gig Transformer Today

Yesterday, I plugged it up for a charge. Worked like a charm for 6 days. No ROMS installed, no bootloaders, no rooting, no launchers, nothing like that was ever installed, I'll make that point first.

I went and pulled it off charge, and turned it on. I opened my mail, went to click a mail from somewhere I always get mail from, and the thing locked up. No biggie. Held down power button for a re-boot.

It booted, went to the splash screen, then booted again, then again. After, maybe, the 5th time, I was able to slide to unlock. I opened an app, and it ran for about 20 seconds, then it rebooted again, and again, and again.

Over the course of an hour, I had maybe 7 successful boots and about 50-60 unsuccessful ones.

I was at my wit's end, and I did a hard reset to restore to factory condition.

I went through the set-up again, and thought it was working until it locked up again, and repeated previous problems.

So, I took it back to Best Buy.

I got my money back with no problem, and said that I'd just wait a bit and I'd lost faith since that, in after a week, the thing crapped out on me. I also said I may just wait until the Transformer Prime came out on the 19th.

The chick said I needed an iPad. While I understand where she's coming from, no thanks. :)

$449.

I'm VERY tempted to get this: Wireless Daily Deal, 1 Sale A Day

yeah, for $50 more, I'd rather have the Transformer Prime for sure!

as for the deal, in the picture, they have the Wireless Wave (except that my receiver looks more like a USB stick, whereas here, it's a tiny receiver). $30 for a refurb is normal price. That's how much I got mine for at Factorydirect (a local chain) 2 years ago.

keyboard is very comfy, but I'm not crazy about the reception of the signal for both keyboard and mouse (have gotten a new set since, and same problem).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones