Returning broken phone with superuser app?

Last Updated:

1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Half of my touch screen doesn't work anymore. I unrooted, brought it into a verizon store, they determined it was in fact broken and ordered one to be shipped to my house. I obviously have to send this one back when the new one arrives. The tech at verizon spent about 5 minutes reviewing my apps and looking at the version I had. After getting home, I wondered what he was looking for in my apps. I slowly scrolled through and noticed that the superuser app is still on. Now that I have done some research I see that is normal. Should I spend the time to get the superuser app off the phone before sending it in, or am I in the clear at this point?

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I would sbf your phone back to stock to be sure nothing is remaining from being rooted.

3. htowngtr

htowngtr Well-Known Member

I have recently had two Droids swapped out because the network was having issues and they kept thinking it was the phone. I didn't do sbf on either, but who cares? Tech said they wipe the phone when they receive it at the factory.

4. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did a quick search on how to sbf (sorry its a new one to me). What does it stand for and how do you do it? If its complicated, I'll take my chances by sending it in "as is". Just reply "It's complicated" if it is.

Thanks

5. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

sbf is a program that allows you to completely wipe your phone, and reinstall the original factory rom. complete with android 2.0! this is IMO the best way to restore your phone but can be risky simply because you need to make sure you PC stays on and phone completely connected through the entire process. Other than that its safe

This is also the best way to root as well since it is the safest and leaves the little to no issues. there should be a sticky on all things root, explaining how to use it.

6. Koop

Koop Member

It's no harder/easier than rooting. If you rooted your phone this will not be hard.

7. jacwashere7

jacwashere7 Well-Known Member

I send mine back with the super user app still installed, I even took my rooted and ROM'd phone into verizon store when i went in to get a replacement