Returning Epic within 30 days. Will order again later. Anything to make sure??

Last Updated:

1. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got Epic 4G from Amazon. Great device, but had some issues updating to latest firmware. Had it replaced, but the device again had the same issue. Sprint recommended getting it replaced again, but I dont have enough time left in my 30 days period to receive another shipment from amazon and give it a go, so I am returning my Epic and cancelling my Sprint contract plan. I liked the device and will re-order it again this or next week from Amazon again (or maybe give Wirefly a try). I will call Sprint today and let them know about it. Amazon has sent me the return label, but is there anything that I need to make sure or take care of before returning so I won't face issues next time I order again.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

3. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks AndroidSPCS for the link, but my issue was little different. I was stuck at DG17 and no matter what I did, phone was not seeing the update. Ofcourse I could do manual update, but I was suggested that the phone may have a bigger issue underlying. So I returned it for now, and will re-order it again. Thanks for your help though.

4. james_f

james_f New Member

I got an Evo back in June and returned within the 30 day window. Just tried signing up for a new line through Amazon and then Wirefly. I keep getting held up on the credit approval, although Sprint has me cleared for 5 lines with no limit. Apparently I'm stuck buying directly from Sprint.

5. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what you're stuck at, the steps I listed will bring the phone up to date to the DI18 level.