Returning Hero for new

Last Updated:

1. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I am one of many of the users to experience dust creeping under the screen of my HTC hero. I spoke with HTC who said sprints repair center has a fix. Upon arriving at the repair center they are unaware of the fix. So is sprints online technical support? That is a huge issue within itself.. None the less sprint recommended I take my phone back to best buy since I am within the 30 days exchange and get a new device. I was curious if anyone was in the same boat as me. Upon purchasing the hero from best buy I immediatly invested in a ZAGG invisishield screen protector for it and paid the 8 dollars for them to install it there. Expensive yes, but I am very obsessive about perfection of screen protectors. So my question is has anyone returned a defective phone to best buy after installing a screen protector? These screen protectors are $20 and I'm wondering what best buy will do for me since the device is defective. I dont feel like dropping another 20 on a screen protector for a device im not even sure wont have problems again. It would be nice if they would let me "return" it as part of the defective product and recieve a new one for the new device. Anyone gone through this?

Advertisement
  2. js417

js417 New Member

another one bites the dust. :D

Good question i was wondering the same thing. :confused:

3. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i think I read some place...
    since you purchase it there.. and they installed it..
    they will replace it for free.

The only way to know 100%.. is go do it..
    and let us know.

:)

4. barnacles

I emailed best buy customer servic who called my local bestbuy and then called me to tell me i could go in and they would replace it. Customer service did mention to talk to someone specifically whom she had spoke with so im not sure whether you could just request it at the store or not

5. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

6. barnacles