Returning my Droid

Last Updated:

1. bmw323i

bmw323i New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm having problems with loose headphone jack and need to return my Droid. I have a few questions about the return, maybe someone who has went through this will know the answers.

- Do I need to backup my installed apps that I paid for in the market or will I be able to download them again onto a different phone? If I need to backup, how? I have rooted Droid with backup/restore, I have done a backup, should I just copy it off to my computer and then restore to new phone?

- I bought my phone online, can I return it to the store?

- I have beast .7.4 installed, I need to go back to 2.01 and un-root before returning. Hopefully it can be done.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. metalimi

metalimi Active Member

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Your paid apps are saved to your gmail account so your set with that. If you bought it from the VZW site you can return it to a official VZW store. Use the SMupdater app to get back to stock.

4. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

You cannot return it to a store if you got it online, you have to call customer service to return it.

5. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

i have a hard time believing that.he bought it from verizon online, there should be no reason a verizon store should not take care of him

6. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

I work at Verizon dude.

7. Negativism

Negativism Active Member

You shouldn't be then.

8. Verio

Verio Active Member

And your giving completely incorrect information. Ive bought multiple items from VZW online and returned them for both in-store credit AND a credit on my card.

If you don't know the correct answer, just refrain from posting in the future.

9. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

and it should only be an exchange for a new droid....i have the same problem with the headphone jack....as soon as the cable gets touched, my music player turns off....as it seems the phone thinks you have pulled the jack out hence turning off the player...

i bought mine at Best Buy and I'll have no issue returning it, already brought it back but they didn't have any to replace, so i'm going back tomorrow to do it.

side note, I had a Motorola 325i a few years back, and I had an issue where the headphone jack completely died, so I'm wondering if there is an issue with Moto and their hardware

10. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Well I have returned phones at the store before that I purchased online. A Moto Q a few years ago and a HTC Apache also.

11. jdella681

jdella681 Active Member

back up all your apps using astro file manager so you can save all your stuff to your memory card..then on the new one redownload the app and restore

12. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

I guess I didn't read the post clearly enough, some stores can do CLNRs. I don't know why I assumed it was a wfg exchange.......ma bad, need take reading 101 again....blah blah blah.