Returning my Fascinate

Last Updated:

1. iPenguin

iPenguin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well more like exchanging. I just wanted to try my hand at a sensationalist thread title.

Anyway, my current Fascinate couldn't be more perfect except that over time the very leftmost pixels have turned a permanent green, which warrants concern about the longevity of the rest of the display.

So to those who have used the manufacturers warranty, what kind of quality of a device did you get? My phone looks pretty much brand new still and I'm worry I'll end up with a less than satisfactory refurb in terms of both appearanceand functionality. Thanks in advance everyone!

Advertisement
  2. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

I wouldnt worry too much. Vzw has been pretty good to me with CS (3 bad DXs before I got smart and went Fascinate). If you are within your 30 just go get a new one. If not im sure what you get should be satisfactory. If not call them till you're happy.

3. beth1

beth1 New Member

not sure on what site the thread is, but I think we may all have a green line. I didn't notice it until I read that thread somewhere but all the folks who posted had one...most noticeable when you pull down the notification windowshade and look at the very leftmost line of pixels. maybe you are talking about something different, but i'd be interested to know if anyone doesn't have it? I'll link that post here if I find it again.

4. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

Interesting. I never noticed that before. Now I will notice it all the time. :eek:

5. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

We all have it. Its just how that screen is when you do the pull down. Its on every Fascinate ive seen. No big deal.

6. iPenguin

iPenguin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That was actually exactly what I was talking about; the notification bar green thingy. Well I least I know it isn't an issue, although it is a little on the annoying side. Thanks!

7. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

It looks to me like it's ONLY on the notification slider. If you put up a black wallpaper, it's not there.

8. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Looks more like an alignment issue which leaves this gap and the phone don't know what to do with it and gives it this "green tint"

9. beth1

beth1 New Member

i'd hate to see you trade in a perfectly good fascinate for the unknown!

10. swtthngme

swtthngme New Member

put one of the glitter screen protectors on you wont even notice it lol....