• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Returning Nexus 10 Rooted

I want to return my Nexus 10 that has been rooted and has twrp on it... How do I get it to condition it was when new purchased in Walmart?

Hi 4ubest. I moved your thread to the All Things Root forum. You need to use the Nexus 10 Toolkit to reinstall the stock rom. Option #9. That will unroot you and also install the stock recovery. Then use option #3 to relock the bootloader.

Upvote 0
Hi 4ubest. I moved your thread to the All Things Root forum. You need to use the Nexus 10 Toolkit to reinstall the stock rom. Option #9. That will unroot you and also install the stock recovery. Then use option #3 to relock the bootloader.

Thank you, I appreciate your help and knowledge. I may not return it but use my new win8 vaio and my nexuses as there will always be something better and cheaper with computers but learning would not be possible without use so...

Upvote 0
You're welcome. :)

Why did you decide to return it?

Great question.. I purchased a very nice laptop with win 8 and touchscreen and I have a Nexus 7 and I was thinking that there will be a new far more powerful tablet soon for less money and I was thinking of waiting for it, but in doing so, I would be falling into advice I have since the days of the C 64 and that is there will always be better and cheaper regarding computers, but you not have experienced the learning while you were waiting so I have reconsidered returning mine to Walmart and getting one at Sams, but your light bleed situation has made me think again as mine appears perfect.

Upvote 0
Yeah, if yours is perfect I wouldn't return it unless you just want a refund. I've seen too many people that got one that was worse. I'm on my third one and the light bleed was almost exactly like the second one I returned. Maybe 20% better. I decided to just keep it because I love the tablet and I'm tired of returning. :D

Upvote 0

I got one for Christmas so I am returning this one and right now after doing steps 9 and 3 I am sitting with a X in the screen that does not go away and that is all that shows.. How do I get it to boot normally like I was just getting it from the store ? If I do the power and volume up down I get a screen with the guy lying down and it says Downloading,, do not turn off target...

Upvote 0
If I do the power and volume up down I get a screen with the guy lying down and it says Downloading,, do not turn off target...

That's the bootloader screen. When you're in the bootloader screen, use the volume buttons to cycle through options and select recovery. You see it changing in the top left corner. Use the power button to select recovery. At the next screen where it says 'no command' I think, hold down the power button and push the right volume button once. That will take you to the stock recovery. From there do a factory reset. It should boot normally now.

Reactions: 4ubest
Upvote 0
That's the bootloader screen. When you're in the bootloader screen, use the volume buttons to cycle through options and select recovery. You see it changing in the top left corner. Use the power button to select recovery. At the next screen where it says 'no command' I think, hold down the power button and push the right volume button once. That will take you to the stock recovery. From there do a factory reset. It should boot normally now.

Thank you indeed that worked and I am at the start screen,, I also used this:

Try this, reboot back into the bootloader, then using the volume buttons select the Recovery option and select with Power. That will take you to a screen with a red triangle.

In there, hold Power and press Volume Up, you're now in the stock recovery. You have to hold down the power button continuously and then you hit volume plus. Then you get to the "Stock-Recovery" Then select Wipe Data/Factory and select it. Reboot and it should be ok now. -

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones