returning to home page. htc hero

Last Updated:

1. mikebellamy2k

mikebellamy2k Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i was wondering how to quickly return to the builtin browsers homepage on the hero phone. is there a menu option i'm missing as i seem to have to repetedly press the back button to get back to my selected homepage. also when i close the browser it reopens on the last page i viewed.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

3. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

There's no option to return to the homepage that I've found. I just have it bookmarked myself. Eventually the browser closes itself. What it's timeout is I don't know. Also if you force close the Browser with a Task Manager, it will return to the homepage the next time it's open.

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

The only way appears to be either starting the browser afresh (after a phone restart, for example) or using the following:

Open the browser. Press "menu". Press "Windows". Tap on the "+" to create a new browser window; all browser windows created in this manner go to the home page. You can optionally close the previously opened window.

That's the only way I've found, so, since it's such a pain, I too just keep a bookmark to the home page.

Hope this helps,

jim