Reverse A2sd?

Last Updated:

1. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so i had my sd card partitioned for a2sd and just installed the new froyo v23. I've read that froyo doesn't work with an a2sd partitioned card. So i'm wondering how i reverse my a2sd card and get it back to normal. I have my card backed up on my computer and ready to go back to it.

Advertisement
  2. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member

you need to either format your card or re-partition it

3. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just tried to re partition it from recovery and still getting the problem, I tried to use usb mass storage to put everything back on there but it just sits there and tries and never connects to my computer, there is an option to format but after selecting it, it doesn't seem to do anything and i'm still getting the same message. Hmmm??

So i'm not sure how i'm going to put anything on my sd card if i can't even connect through usb.

*Update* I must be tired, all i had to do was go into the setting and format from there, for some reason trying to format when it gave me the option wasn't working in the notification menu.

bjanow likes this.
  4. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Bump. Same thing happened to me but I couldn't remember what I did to fix it. Good post DS. Froyo has built in a2sd which is very cool.

5. Toolanddiemaker

Toolanddiemaker Well-Known Member

I am running KaosFroyov23, There is the option in applications to move apps to sd card. When you do this do you need to uninstall them and reinstall. I moved a couple, and then they where not showing up?

6. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

I didn't move any apps, I simply installed them fresh. They automatically went to the SD card. Try reinstalling see what happens.

7. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

some apps do not work well with froyo a2sd ...specifically apps with widgets as the widgets tend to no longer show up ...... i am sure soon the apps will be catching up to froyo