1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

reverse desktop tether?

Last Updated:

1. zxdan

zxdan Member This Topic's Starter

So I just got my first Android and love it after having used Win Mobile for years. However, there's one app I just can't seem to find.

I want something like MyMobiler (Windows Mobile - My Mobile)

Instead of accessing my PC desktop on my phone, I was able to FULLY access my phone desktop on my pc (i.e., I could completely operate my phone on my PC which allowed me to type and enter data faster and more accurately).

Does anyone know an app that'll do this (even a non-free app would be great).
    I had grown so accustomed to using this application that I will now be lost if I can't find a suitable replacement.

Advertisement
  2. techarlj

techarlj Member

I would try AndroidScreenCast. kinda sounds like what you are trying for and i used it for a bit and really enjoyed it. hope this helps. Check it out here.

3. adrianq

adrianq Well-Known Member

There is an app that does just this called WebKey.

Just do a Market Search for 'WEBKEY' to find it.

One catch though, you will need to have a ROOTED phone. If you don't, then don't bother since it won't work.

4. zxdan

zxdan Member This Topic's Starter

awesome. I admit that I'm new enough that I don't yet know what root is for the android, but I'm sure I can soon figure it out. I appreciate both of the tips.......now I just gotta learn some more :)

5. baillou2

baillou2 Well-Known Member

Rooting your phone is a key part of maximizing your phone's potential. In windows terms it more or less means running as administrator. Since Android is basically Linux scaled down to a phone the term is known as root, Not to be confused with the root directory which is the top of the filesystem; in windows terms the C: drive... more or less. :)