Reverse Gmail Contacts Sync with Samsung Galaxy SSupport

1. cecily

cecily New Member

I signed into my gmail account, by clicking on the gmail widget icon..without realising that I had the auto-sync setting on.
    So my Galaxy created that Gmail account and automatically synced alot of my Gmail contacts into my normal phone contacts (well, 150 of them....is that the limit? I have alot more 'All contacts' and alot less 'My contacts'..)

Anyway, I know I can display contacts with phone numbers only (hence my Gmail contacts become invisible), but is there anyway I can delete the entire Gmail contacts group? I can't see any option that allows this :(

I don't want to reset factory settings, lose all my data, just so I can disconnect my Gmail account entirely. I still want it connected to sync my emails only...

In the meantime, is there any way I can delete all my Gmail accounts, NOT manually?

Advertisement
  2. Shamms

Shamms New Member

Hi. What you can do is take backup of your Gmail contacts by exporting them. Then delete all gmail contacts. Once it is done resync gmail contacts with your mobile.

This will delete all gmail contacts from your handset. Make sure you disable auto sync on handset.

Ypu can import the exported contact list back into gmail account.

A little lengthy but effective.