• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reverse Phone number lookup, Alternative to WhosCall

deltaforce

Android Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2012
Hello folks,

Looking for an app for reverse number lookup. Have been using TrueCaller for a while but so far it has failed to identify any number. So looking for a replacement. I searched on Play Store and found WhosCall. It has good ratings and so far found none with rating more than that.

Just wanted to make sure that this is the best app. Will be glad to know if there is any better than this.

Many thanks in advance.

I seem to get a name on all calls. Haven't noticed it not retrieving the info on time.
I have Virgin Mobile (Sprint Prepaid) and when I get a call my data connection is killed. That is what I'm guessing is the problem. I thought most carriers were this way (I remember all the hub-bub when iphones came to VZW and you couldn't use data and voice at the same time).

So I guess this is a fault of the carrier and/or device rather than app. Good to know Lex.

Upvote 0
I have Virgin Mobile (Sprint Prepaid) and when I get a call my data connection is killed. That is what I'm guessing is the problem. I thought most carriers were this way (I remember all the hub-bub when iphones came to VZW and you couldn't use data and voice at the same time).

So I guess this is a fault of the carrier and/or device rather than app. Good to know Lex.

I think that's a thing of the past now that phones have LTE.

Upvote 0
I am on att and stock phone I'd works as far as area code and numbers. For anyone not in my contact list.
Do any of the apps mentioned tell you who person/company is that is calling if not in contact list?

Occasionally I get a call from unknown number and would like to know who is calling before or if I answer.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones