revert back to eclair from froyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. i5700spica

i5700spica New Member

i just got a samsung galaxy spica. i am very new with the android OS, first time to use a phone with such OS.

my phone's previous owner had the OS changed from eclair to froyo.
    now, some functions are not working - the sim tool kit.

i want to revert back to the original OS which is eclair, according to samsung service center. but the service center wont do it for fear that the phone will be dead if they revert back to eclair.

can anyone help me? please....:(

i need instructions that are not so technical sounding.. layman's terms please...

2. Desire HD Eli

Desire HD Eli Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware there is no way to simply revert back to an old operating system. Once you upgrade that's it.
    You can possibly go back to an older OS by rooting (basically getting into the phone's internal settings) however be warned if you decide to go down this path as if you get it wrong all you will own is a Samsung branded brick.
    If you are not so confident with your phone and all the technical aspects don't do it.

Can I ask why you want to go back?
  3. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

You don't need to root.

Simply follow the "root me baby one more time" thread as far as using odin to update firmware and your done.

Here is the basic process.

download "odin multi downloader"

Download "jc3_ops" file

Download a 2.1 eclair firmware

Download and install kies from samsung.

Set your phone into download mode by pressing at the same time, vol down + camera + power/end call

Connect phone to pc via usb

Load odin, set files to use jc3 and firmware .rar file, tick needed options, "one package"

Notice on odin that com port should go yellow.

Press start.

Wait for phone to reboot.

You will now have what ever firmware you chose installed.