1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Revert back to S-ON

1. Meefle

Meefle Member

I've tried searching all over the place but can't find an answer. How do I revert back to S-ON with my Incredible. I'm bringing my phone into Verizon for a problem that the 2.2 update gave me with 3G issues and I need to turn S-ON. Do I have to revert back to 2.1 and do it from there or can I do it on 2.2?

Thanks ahead of time!

Advertisement
  2. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

I think you DL the S-On tool from unrevoked, and install it as a zip from recovery.
    Not 100% on it, as I haven't done it, but I think thats it
  3. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

I will have to do this for my wifes phone. Sending it back to Verizon, due to solder issues. She was rooted and S-Off. I then unrooted her so she could get the OTA. So she now has 2.2, NO ROOT, but still S-Off.

I think I will have to re-root/add the custome recovery back her to remove the SuperUser App from the App drawer - it never went away. This will then allow me to run the S-ON from the custom recovery, otherwise I can't do it. Then I would have to add back the stock recovery.

At least, I think that's the steps I will need to take.
  4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

unrevoked check out forever, need s-on

need root to do it. get root, do s-on, then flash 2.2ruu if ur on 2.1
  5. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

And if I am on 2.2, then I just flash the stock recovery, correct?
  6. Meefle

Meefle Member

Thanks for the help. I went back to stock 2.1, rooted, turned s-on, back to stock, then finally installed the OTA.