• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Review of Anker 60W 6-port desktop USB charger w/lots of pics!!!

twister6

Android Expert
Jul 30, 2010
This is a review of Anker 60W 6-port desktop USB charger. http://www.ianker.com/product/A2123111 , available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P936188/

It's very interesting how some gadgets become a very important part of our everyday life. I used to consider my smartphone, smartwatch, some headphones and audio players part of it, and now I added multi-port usb desktop charger to that list! When you have one or two devices to worry about - you can use individual wall charger. But considering an average household where you have at least 2-3 smartphones, a few tablets, wireless headsets, smartwatches, wireless speakers, portable video games, etc - you can end up covering every electric outlet with a wall charger spread around the house. A solution? Get yourself a multi-port desktop charger, preferably with an extended power chord for extra flexibility. Easy said than done because now you have to worry about being able to supply enough current to keep all the plugged in devices charging at the maximum speed. Do you want the best solution? Here is what I found.

I have reviewed Anker's previous 25W and 40W multi-port chargers, and also 60W charger from another company, but their latest 6-port 60W desktop USB charger simply the most efficient and compact solution to date. I'm not hyping it up, just stating the fact. You get a slick compact design, a bit larger than it's predecessors but still smaller and more compact than Bolse unit. You have a total of 60W of power which translates into 12A of current shared between 6 available full size USB ports. And the most important - PowerIQ technology which senses maximum sink of your connected device and sources up to 2.4A of current per port. Just keep in mind, you can't exceed a total of 12A, but still can have simultaneous connection of 5 latest iPads charging at full speed of 2.4A per port!!! Or combination of 6 different devices with up to 2A per port all at the same time.

This is just a no brainer, for under $36 you are getting the most powerful and compact desktop charger able to supply a whooping 12A of current across 6 smart ports. Plus, you are getting 18-month warranty and top notch support. Also, I want to mention that I appreciate how Anker is constantly trying to update their packaging to cut down on waste. This time they have instructions printed inside of external packaging sleeve - just brilliant! Overall, in my opinion this is one of those "must have" devices that you need in your house. I have 40W 5 port charger on the first floor of our house and this new 60W 6 port charger going upstairs to get us covered around the house.

Here are the pics.

anker_60w-6port-01_zps9dd574e3.jpg

anker_60w-6port-02_zps53833543.jpg

anker_60w-6port-03_zps03c25231.jpg

anker_60w-6port-04_zpsd550f786.jpg

anker_60w-6port-05_zpsaeb89734.jpg

anker_60w-6port-06_zps253fd86f.jpg

anker_60w-6port-07_zps2fbb901a.jpg

anker_60w-6port-08_zpsa101a3d5.jpg

anker_60w-6port-09_zps8d37ce25.jpg

anker_60w-6port-10_zps1d443543.jpg

anker_60w-6port-11_zpse4493b36.jpg

anker_60w-6port-12_zpse8ed8e1e.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones