Review of Anker Astro 3E 10000 mAh external battery w/pics!!!Tips

1. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

This is a review of Anker Astro 3E 10000 mAh dual output port External Battery: Anker

Advertisement
    :
  2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Wow, that's definitely smaller than the Astro 3.
  3. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

It is, but then Astro 3 (versus 3E) intended for a more heavy duty charging tasks including support of 9V/12V charging for laptops.

Btw, for benefit of others as a general comment, Anker is probably one of the few companies that is VERY honest about capacity. When you deal with External vs Extended batteries the capacity rating is not the same. Extended battery that goes into your phone supposed to be rated to that exact capacity based on a sum of internal cells. That battery goes into direct contact with electronics in your phone without a need for any conversions. External battery operates through USB bus and goes through a few conversions with penalties. As a results, with any External battery you actually get about 70% of the actual capacity that you Internal battery can benefit from. And the reason I admire Anker because they actually state that in their manual - approximately 30% of capacity will be lost.

This is not just applicable to Anker, but any other External battery vendor.
    drexappeal likes this.
  4. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Been running more power cycles with this one, and while charging Note 2 and Nexus 7 I see that actual capacity of this external battery is closer to 6000 mAh. While their Astro Slim2 which is rated at 4500 mAh is closer to 3100 mAh (full charge of our Note 2). It's still a great battery, no doubt about it, but you have to be realistic that battery capacity label is not what you will actually get. If you are lucky, you get 25%-30% loss, in other cases it could be 40% down. I talked to someone who got 10000 mAh no-name ext battery from ebay, and it turned out to be closer to 2500 mAh...