• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review of RAVPower External WiFi Disk with 3000 mAh power bank w/lots of pics!!!

Great review as always. Unfortunately Amazon.com won't ship it to the UK and ebay don't have it. :(

Edit:
Oops, correction, ebay do have it.

2nd edit:
FFS, the ebay seller won't ship to Europe either.

I will make sure to bring it up to RAVPower guys the next time I email them. Due to high demand up until end of last week this device was sold out on Amazon and was listed as unavailable. It's back on US amazon and hopefully will be back in stock on other outlets.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
First time trying one of these (with my Note 3). The RavPower works just fine for an SDcard and transferring files two and fro but try as I might, I can't persuade it to work with an external drive - though the drive seems to fire up. The device doesn't seem to 'find' it. Any advice? I'm wondering if the problem is that the drive is Mac formatted?

I use 2Tb Western digital external drives.

Also software. RAV Filehub or Airstor and why?

Upvote 0
First time trying one of these (with my Note 3). The RavPower works just fine for an SDcard and transferring files two and fro but try as I might, I can't persuade it to work with an external drive - though the drive seems to fire up. The device doesn't seem to 'find' it. Any advice? I'm wondering if the problem is that the drive is Mac formatted?

I use 2Tb Western digital external drives.

Also software. RAV Filehub or Airstor and why?

I don't recall if I used it with an external drive, but it did work well with usb stick. Perhaps MAC formatted is the problem? Also, does your drive require an external power supply connection or does it work off usb port only? If its usb port only, I wonder if you don't get enough juice to power up the hdd controller. That could be another problem.

Upvote 0
I don't recall if I used it with an external drive, but it did work well with usb stick. Perhaps MAC formatted is the problem? Also, does your drive require an external power supply connection or does it work off usb port only? If its usb port only, I wonder if you don't get enough juice to power up the hdd controller. That could be another problem.

There's enough juice. Somebody used the exact same drive (Western Digital 2 Tb). I got an answer from RAVPower Facebook support. It won't work with a Mac drive. There's a work around of sorts but not one that's acceptable to me (reformat in FAT MSDOS).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones