• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review of Ultra Waterproof Bluetooth wireless speaker w/lots of pics!!!

twister6

Android Expert
Jul 30, 2010
This is a Review of Ultra Waterproof Bluetooth wireless speaker. Ultra Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Mic and Suction Cup for iPhone iPad Samsung - Black / Blue | SW-BOX.com

As a mentioned in the past, due to so many generic wireless speaker clones, I decided to review only models with unique features. Here is something I found to be a perfect fit for this category. The whole point of wireless speaker is to be able to play and to control music or to receive calls from your phone remotely, and to be able to do that at louder volume than your phone or tablet. This bluetooth extension gives us freedom to move around within 20-30ft wireless range, but also imposes limitation since we have to keep electronics away from water and dirt. Or perhaps you are waiting for an important call and need to jump in the shower. The speaker I would like to present to you today has IP67 waterproof and dustproof rating that will allow you to play it anywhere, by the pool or even in a shower, without skipping a beat. Here is what I found.

Arrived in a rather generic plastic see-through box, you get a good 360 degree presentation of the product even before you take it out. Beside the speaker, it also comes with an accessory box with a user manual and usb power cord. The power cord is unique by having full size USB connector on one side and 3.5mm power connector on the other side. It's not your typical usb cable, but I have seen similar ones in the past so finding a replacement shouldn't be a problem. The reason such power connector is chosen for this design because every port needs to be kept sealed. Power connector is the only port in here, and the plug for this power port has a better seal since it will go deeper into the connector to make sure no moisture or dust gets inside.

Taking a closer look at the speaker itself, it has a cylindrical drum shape with a large suction cup in the back. The speaker opening comes out from the back as well, and the top has a sealed rubber buttons to control its functionality. In the middle, you have Play/Pause/Stop button, to the right/left you have multi-function volume up/down which also doubles as skip next/prev buttons, at the top there is a power button, and at the bottom you have Phone/Call button with microphone pinhole. There are physical buttons underneath of these rubber cover buttons, and they are very easy to feel and to push. As I mentioned before, the power port connector on the side is sealed with a rubber flap. With a help of a rather strong suction cup, you can attach this speaker to any smooth surface, vertical or horizontal. This becomes especially handy if you want to use it in the shower.

The pair up was very easy, and the speaker under "My Speaker" id got connected both to the phone and to the media audio. Operating range was around typical 25-30ft. The sound and call quality were just OK, nothing too outstanding, but still relatively clear and loud. Obviously, this speaker is not designed to provide audiophile quality sound or being competitive with large wireless speakers, but its sound performance was on par with other small wireless speakers I tested in the past. The main advantage of this speaker is to provide a remote sound from your phone/tablet as well as the ability to pickup calls in the "wet" environment. Furthermore, unlike so many other speakers that only let you control the volume, here you can also control the playback with Play/Pause as well as skipping to the next or the previous song. And when you are in the shower streaming your tunes from the phone, you can also pick up a phone call directly and talk without stepping out. Now, that is priceless!!!

Overall, I found this speaker to have a lot of unique features including a full playback and call controls, a very compact design, a loud clear sound, and strong suction cup. With its IP67 rating, this Bluetooth wireless speaker will become your shower's best friend and you will never miss a beat or a call even under the water! I wouldn't advice to actually keeping it for too long submerged under the water, but being splashed under the shower while attached to a wall shouldn't be a problem. Also, for $15 plus change its a great value!

Here are the pictures.

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-01_zps8a63c8c3.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-02_zps729d9a04.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-03_zpscd8b1094.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-04_zpsce5adb06.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-05_zps36582107.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-06_zps093f75c9.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-07_zpsae8d2c7a.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-08_zpsd4831fb2.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-09_zpsa7aab3ee.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-10_zpsf5e3780a.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-11_zps7878d870.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-12_zps848df84d.jpg

ultra_waterproof_bt_speaker-13_zps1c9b37b3.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones